Thirteen days until August is officially over. Yes, I’m counting. I’ve never been a fan of the eighth month of the year. Call me cranky, but August has a lot going against it.
- The weather, at least where I reside, tends to be hot and humid.
- Back to school ads bombard me wherever I go. Even though I’m an adult the thought of school stills sends a shiver down my spine.
- I can’t step foot outside my house without a bee trying to get intimate with my body.
- There’s nothing remotely interesting on television. Sat through a marathon of Gator Boys the other night. Enough said.
- Cool evenings mean the grass is growing about a foot each week. When you have a neighbor that doesn’t cut his lawn with any frequency this is really depressing.
- School age kids have to scramble to finish summer reading lists. My kids like to read but they cringe when they can’t pick out the books that interest them. This equates to an inordinate amount of time looking for an assigned book that resonates with them. Ugh!
- Insomnia hits me hardest in August. I have no concrete data on this but my body tends to struggle the most during this period of time. I’m probably to blame because I exercise at night during the summer then switch to mornings in September.
Am I the only one that has a grudge against August?